Lucas Teachings > Blog > Uncategorized > What Are 7 Limiting Beliefs That May Be Sabotaging Your Success?
What Are 7 Limiting Beliefs That May Be Sabotaging Your Success?
- October 13, 2022
- Posted by: Dr. Martha Lucas
- Category: Uncategorized
- I should be able to figure this out all by myself. This false belief is based on the old idea that you should be able to pull yourself up by your boot straps and just do it. Or that asking for help is a sign of weakness. But you can’t make all of the decisions in business yourself – for ONE thing, it’s not your area! Marketing or graphic design may not be your areas of expertise. All of us need guidance.
- If I don’t get the results I want now, I never will. Not true. It takes time to optimize events/ideas/new things to get the results you want. No one has immediate or overnight success. We don’t see what’s under the iceberg of their business that came before their big success – what they’ve been through or done up to now.
- I should be further ahead by now. Compared to what? Compared to whom? There is no normal or set date for success. It’s better to be committed to your outcome and let go of how long it will take (I know that’s hard!). I tell people whom I coach that the thought that you should be somewhere else by now just slows you down; you are here and moving toward your desired outcome.
- I don’t deserve to invest in my business. Many times people put some sort of limiting idea on that like “I’ll invest when I have 1000 email subscribers”. There are no set rules on this. It’s not a matter of deserving, it’s a matter of “this is what my business needs to grow!” You don’t ask “does this plant need water …. it’s looking a little dry but does it deserve water?” Or, “do I deserve to breathe today?” Financial investment is key to your business’s growth.
- If I am uncomfortable leaving my comfort zone, something must be wrong. What? You’re out of your comfort zone = it’s uncomfortable. Discomfort is a sign of growth. You’re stretching your muscles, stretching your self to grow to the next level. It’s a process; it gets better. You will have to do it again and again.
- I base my self-worth on my achievements. This belief is setting yourself up for failure. For one thing, this puts YOU at the mercy of circumstances. If your business declined due to the pandemic … YOU didn’t do anything wrong! Sometimes circumstances block achievement which can lead to lower self-worth IF they are equated. Manage your emotions. Nourish yourself to handle bigger growth.
- I should avoid making the wrong decision. This makes some sense BUT don’t categorize decisions as right or wrong. Judging each decision doesn’t help. Learn from experience. It’s not about avoiding failure or avoiding making a decision because BOTH of those mean that you are avoiding growth! Your business decisions are not life or death. It’s a Category 1 decision, not a Category 5 so don’t treat it that way. Don’t use a Category 5 level of intensity and effort for a Category 1 decision. It’ll wear you out and lead to indecision and stagnation.
Questions about how to grow your business? Email Dr. Lucas at email@example.com to set up a consulting appointment.
Check out our online courses at LucasTeachings.com. What are some of the courses?
Herbs – 160+ informational slides.
Ethics and Safety, earn 4 CEUs, 2 safety and 2 ethics.
Cosmetic Acupuncture for the face and neck.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Dr. Lucas is uniquely qualified in the field of Chinese Medicine because she holds a Ph.D. in Research Psychology a well as her certification and licensing to practice Traditional Chinese Medicine. Lucas has more than 20 years of teaching and speaking experience and is described as "a dynamic speaker who keeps her classes engaged and who can explain complex information in an understandable form." She is internationally known for teaching and training Practitioners the Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture System. As well as teaching Cosmetic Acupuncture, she teaches practitioners how to properly take care of their patients’ skin using My Zen Skin Care products. Her other course offerings include the Pulse Diagnosis and Biofeedback Internship where practitioners study under her mentorship to learn to be better, more effective diagnosticians. Her private practice is based in Denver and in Littleton Colorado where she specializes in internal medicine: diagnosis and treatment of serious chronic illness and, of course, Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture. Dr. Lucas has been interviewed about Cosmetic Acupuncture and skin care by many publications including The NewYork Times and USA Today and is the author of several books: Pulse Diagnosis: Beyond Slippery and Wiry, Cosmetic Acupuncture Works! Your guide to Cosmetic Acupuncture for anti-aging, The My Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture workbook included with course registration, and You don’t need Botox (out of print). Her latest book projects are Sex Sucks: What we can do about it, and for children, The Skeleton in a Tutu gets Acupuncture.