Do you Ever Prescribe “Happiness” to your Patients?
- April 12, 2023
- Posted by: Dr. Martha Lucas
- Category: Blog
Do you ever prescribe thinking happy memories to your patients?
1) You can tell them that tapping into the power of positivity warms the heart and gives it a healthful boost! Recalling cheerful memories, like the day you adopted a pet or attended a fun gathering, reduces your body’s production of the stress hormone cortisol. This helps your liver better regulate its production of triglycerides which reduces your risk of heart disease and stroke by as much as 50% according to researchers at Yale.
2) Or, here is an easy simple FREE, doesn’t need equipment exercise to tell them about called Anchoring.
Start with physically centering yourself by digging your heels into the floor. This will actually help you feel physically grounded.
Now observe: what am I thinking? What am I feeling in my body? What am I doing?
Then ask yourself: Is my response A) helpful, B) aligned with my values, C) related to future worries or a past problem?
When we can get stuck in specific thoughts, stepping back – like you do in Anchoring – helps us decide if those thoughts are helpful and can get us out of rumination mode.
3) You can also teach them how to do something for themselves like FACIAL GUA SHA. So your business can benefit from starting to do facial treatments in two ways:
1) extra income when you start doing it in your practice, and
2) teach people how to do it in virtual facial gua sha parties. Remember, people love to be pampered and they will always come back for face treatments in your clinic!
Remember, Dr. Lucas loves to teach Chinese medicine so if you have any questions about how to make your practice better or bigger, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.