A Powerful Hand Exercise For You and to Teach Your Patients
- April 26, 2023
- Posted by: Dr. Martha Lucas
- Category: Uncategorized
We are in what has been called a global crisis when it comes to the suffering caused by mental health issues. One out of nine people report suffering from anxiety and the U.S. is one of the most anxious countries. Some 33.7% of Americans are affected by anxiety disorder some time in their lives and there’s been a whopping 84% jump in anxiety among 18 to 25 year olds. Then there’s the pandemic … the number of people reporting anxiety and/or depression went up 270%!
So anything we can do to help our patients – and ourselves! – reduce anxiety and depression is a good thing. Many people think of Chinese medicine, certainly Acupuncture, as only for pain. But treating emotions is very rewarding.
HERE IS A MEDITATION THAT YOU CAN DO YOURSELF AND TEACH TO YOUR PATIENTS based on the Japanese healing art of Jin Shin Jyutsu.
In that healing art, each part of the hand is connected to different emotions or organs:
Thumb: Emotional pain, worry, sadness, grief, depression, anxiety, stress, tension, stomach issues, skin conditions, headaches
Index Finger: Fear, terror, mental confusion, frustration, back ache, gum issues, digestive problems, kidney, bladder
Middle Finger: Anger, rage, resentment, irritability, indecisiveness, relationships, headaches, fatigue, cramps, circulation
Ring Finger: Anxiety, preoccupation, worry, fear of rejection, negativity, skin conditions, digestion, respiratory problems, lungs, intestine
Little Finger: Low self-esteem, family, insecurity, nervousness, judgmental, blood pressure, sore throat, bloating, heart, intestine
Palm: Fatigue, depression, despondency, diaphragm
Here’s the exercise; it’s basically a 5 minute meditation:
– While concentrating on whatever emotion or ailment you wish to resolve, hold the finger that is associated with that condition with the opposite hand wrapping all the fingers and thumb around the particular finger being worked on. Inhale and exhale deeply.
– Hold the finger for approximately one to two minutes, and within a short time, a pulsating sensation will be felt. This is perfectly natural. NOTE: For a full body balance and harmonization repeat the exercise on every finger and hold the pressure for a little longer.
– When working on the palm of your hand for mental calmness, press down with the thumb of the opposite hand, angling towards the middle finger and again hold for one to two minutes. Inhale, breathing in calm and peaceful thoughts and feelings and then exhale letting go of any emotional attachment or physical discomfort that you wish to clear. (When pressed, the palm of the hand can offer a full body nourishment.) While letting go of the emotional or physical tension, imagine the energy draining out of the fingers and into the earth.
– Because energy channels run through the fingers and correlate with specific emotions or organs, your energy can become balanced using exercises like these.
ONLINE COURSES here.
Have a great day!